With that, I have thought about the following, though it will likely be tweaked a bit as 2011 moves along, I think I have a good idea of what I want to accomplish this year.
Balance and Mental Health
- Find out what is important to me and where I want to be in 5 years - this could mean more school, a new career, a new city...
- Focus - on what is important to me, and what will help me feel balanced and live with grace
- Identify my stressors - both personal and work
- Focus on my personal relationships
- Train for a race (5k & 10k) - the goal is to try for a half marathon in 2012 (thinking about the Toronto Waterfront race)
- Work out regularly (2-3x a week) with a focus on strength and endurance training
- Practice yoga 2-3x a week
- Eat for enjoyment, whether at home or out
- Take daily photographs, learn to use my LX5
- Start to write and take note of daily inspirations
- Streamline my wardrobe, reduce the clutter and assemble a style
- Revisit painting and create a series of painting this year
- Learn how to sew and invest in a sewing machine
While these are great, a set of monthly goals came to mind as well. Having these will help to keep me focused as I move through the year. My main problem seems to be focus - I get lost in the day to day of my life and forget about myself and my interests.
- Design - new concepts, ideas, themes, anything that comes to mind
- Read a book
- Try a new recipe - more experimentation, particularly I want to learn how to make breads
- Have a date night
- Have 'me time' of about 3 hours a week
- Learn a new song on guitar and piano
They say writing your goals down helps you to achieve them. We'll see what 2011 brings!